I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day and I have fallen in love with them! They are the perfect to go breakfast idea or snack! And they are freezer friendly!
HEALTHY APPLESAUCE OAT MUFFINS
Yield: makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oatmeal, applesauce, almond milk, egg, vanilla, coconut oil and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the applesauce mixture. Stir just until combined (don’t overmix!)
- Add cranberries or fresh blueberries once the batter is mixed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don’t overbake or the muffins will be dry. Remove them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before freezing in a ziplock freezer bag. ENJOY!