This is seriously so yummy and also good for you! Plus I am always a sucker for banana bread!
HEALTHY WHEAT BANANA BREAD
Yield: makes 1 4×8 loaf
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f, and grease a 4×8 bread loaf pan
- In a medium size bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth and add lemon juice. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl mix all the wet ingredients.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl add dry ingredients and mix.
- In the wet ingredient bowl add banana mixture. Then slowly add the dry ingredients in as well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!