This recipe comes from my aunt, and luckily I was blessed with some amazing cooks in my family. I made this dish for my neighbor a few months ago, and I have to admit it was my first time having Pad Thai! My husband and I have fallen in love with it, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
CHICKEN PAD THAI
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 6 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 6 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 3 squirts of Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 green onions
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- Slice green onions, green part slice in 1/4 inch slices,white part thinly sliced. Save the larger green slices for later.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Add the thinly sliced green onion and minced garlic and saute for a few seconds. Then add the beaten eggs. Scramble egg mixture and set aside in a bowl.
- Slice 1 or 2 chicken breasts in half, salt and pepper chicken and saute for 3 minutes each side and set to the side on a plate.
- Boil water according to package of rice noodles in a large pot. Once water is boiling add rice noodles and cover the pot. Remove from heat and wait 8-10 minutes.
- While waiting for the noodles; combine soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and sriracha and stir well.
- Slice the cooked chicken.
- Drain noodles and add the eggs, chicken, green onions and sauce. Stir and place on medium low heat until sauce thickens. Top with peanuts and cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!