This is a more fancy dish that is great to serve to guests, but the best part is how easy it is to make!
GRILLED CHICKEN CAPRESE
Yield: Makes 4 (4 ounce servings)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (chicken tenders work as well)
- High-quality balsamic vinegar salad dressing
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved or sliced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (1-ounce) slices fresh mozzarella
- Place chicken in a gallon-sized sip-lock back and add enough salad dressing to cover the chicken breasts ( about 1 to 1 1/2 cups). Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat an outdoor grill. In a medium-sized bowl, gently combine halved tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lightly oil the grates of the grill and reduce the cooking temperature to medium. Place chicken breasts on the grill, close the lid, and cook for 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 7 minutes.
- During the last 1-2 minutes, add a piece of fresh mozzarella to each chicken breast, close the lid, and allow cheese to melt. Remove from heat, top each chicken breast with the tomato-basil mixture, and serve immediately.