This recipe is also really great grilled!
HONEY BALSAMIC CHICKEN
Yield: Makes 5-6 servings
- 2-2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and set aside. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Drizzle chicken with 1 teaspoon olive oil and use clean hands to coat all pieces. Sprinkle spice mixture over chicken.
- Heat large Dutch oven (or heavy oven-proof skillet with an oven-proof lid) to medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil and brush to cover bottom of entire pan. If more is needed, add a light spray of nonstick cooking spray. Brown chicken 2 minutes per side.
- While chicken is searing, whisk sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Add to pan after chicken has been seared. Gently toss chicken to coat. Cover pan and transfer to oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotate chicken pieces, and baste with sauce. Bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and place chicken on a plate, covered with foil to keep warm.
- Bring sauce that remains in the pan to a boil on stove top and simmer,uncovered, for 4-5 minutes until thick and glazy. Return chicken to pan and gently toss in glaze. If desired, place chicken on a platter and cover with sauce. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.